Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Red Box

So for some reason I've been on a serious D&D kick. Not Old School DnD, or 3.5 or Pathfinder (which I was very close to running a few weeks ago). I'm talking 4th Edition here. Yes the boys at WotC managed to pull me back in. I tried the original 4th edition rules (which spawned the Dandies), but none of us really dug the feel. But this new Essentials line... something about it called to me. Kicking it all off with that iconic red box with the classic Elmore painting on the front went a long way towards that. And after checking some of the sneak peeks on the Wizards site, I finally caved in and picked it up.  I have to say, I'm liking it. There's a solo adventure/character creation in the set that really brought back some memories. I sat down and tried it (and the additional downloadable solo) out and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. They did a really good job of introducing the rules to the player and getting you into the game.
So I'm giving you another shot DnD. I'm hoping it plays as good as it all looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment